The University of Oregon has a handful of claims to fame. Its football team is a force to be reckoned with, winning four of the last six Pacific Coast Conference championships. Its dominant track program earned Eugene, Ore., the nickname Track Town USA. And, of course, Animal House was filmed there.
So Nike made a video celebrating all of these things: an Animal House spoof starring some of the university’s greatest football legends and a smattering of track and field stars. The video parodies one of the 1978 comedy’s most famous scenes, a raucous, toga-party dance session to a live performance of “Shout” by Otis Day and the Knights.
Heisman winner Marcus Mariota stands in for John Belushi, with appearances by Hall of Famer Dan Fouts, All-American Ahmad Rashad, track stars English Gardner and Mandy White, mascot “the Duck,” Modern Family’s Ty Burrell (“born and raised a Duck”) and Otis Day himself.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time