On Thursday morning, Justin Bieber took the stage at Rockefeller Plaza as part of a scheduled performance for the Today Show’s summer concert series. But for a special group of fans, the show had barely begun.
After the concert, Bieber retreated to the Today Show’s green room to play a private concert for fans who lost loved ones on 9/11 and for children involved with the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Bieber played both older songs, like “All That Matters,” and new tracks like “What Do You Mean,” off his forthcoming album, while fans sang along and, in a few cases, shed tears of joy.
Through his work with Make-a-Wish, Bieber has granted more than 250 wishes for children with terminal illnesses.
You can watch clips of the performance here.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Eliza Berman at email@example.com