On Thursday morning, Justin Bieber took the stage at Rockefeller Plaza as part of a scheduled performance for the Today Show’s summer concert series. But for a special group of fans, the show had barely begun.
After the concert, Bieber retreated to the Today Show’s green room to play a private concert for fans who lost loved ones on 9/11 and for children involved with the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Bieber played both older songs, like “All That Matters,” and new tracks like “What Do You Mean,” off his forthcoming album, while fans sang along and, in a few cases, shed tears of joy.
Through his work with Make-a-Wish, Bieber has granted more than 250 wishes for children with terminal illnesses.
You can watch clips of the performance here.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve