Johnny Depp stopped by Jimmy Kimmel Live! on Thursday and could barely be heard over the roar of the adoring crowd — so he might just make himself ‘Heard’ in a different way.
Jimmy Kimmel had invited the actor on to the show to talk about his new film Black Mass, but the audience was packed with Depp fans who couldn’t stop cheering his every word. In between screams, Kimmel managed to ask a few questions. Like where Depp’s last name comes from.
“Do you run into other Depps?” he asked, and Depp had to admit that he did not and didn’t even really know the history of his last name. That’s fine, though, because he just might take his wife Amber Heard’s last name anyway.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve