With just about two weeks left until Pope Francis visits Washington, D.C., here is what you need to know about how to see him on his trip.
On Wednesday, September 23, Pope Francis will be at the White House for a state reception and a private meeting with President Obama. But after the meeting, he will get in the Popemobile and parade around the block.
If you want to catch a glimpse of him, he will be leaving the White House around 11:00 am and heading south on 17th St. near Pennsylvania. He’ll then head east on Constitution Ave. and north on 15th St. back to the White House grounds.
But you may want to stake out a space early: the parade is his only public event in D.C., and more than 200,000 people are expected to attend.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space