With just about two weeks left until Pope Francis visits Washington, D.C., here is what you need to know about how to see him on his trip.
On Wednesday, September 23, Pope Francis will be at the White House for a state reception and a private meeting with President Obama. But after the meeting, he will get in the Popemobile and parade around the block.
If you want to catch a glimpse of him, he will be leaving the White House around 11:00 am and heading south on 17th St. near Pennsylvania. He’ll then head east on Constitution Ave. and north on 15th St. back to the White House grounds.
But you may want to stake out a space early: the parade is his only public event in D.C., and more than 200,000 people are expected to attend.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve