Remember those ridiculous Lincoln commercials Matthew McConaughey starred in last year? Well, he’s back with a new set of three ads, all directed by Gus Van Sant. Sadly, though, the new commercials lack what made the old ones so special and entertaining: McConaughey’s bizarre, rambling soliloquies.
The ads will start airing this Saturday on ABC during college football games, AdAge reports. Together, the 30-second ads — Welcome, Arrival, and Winning Hand — form a mini-movie that shows McConaughey arriving at the world’s classiest poker game. Expect plenty of smooth jazz, finely-tailored suits, and knowing glances.
Oh, and yeah, there’s also a car, since that’s what this ad is trying to sell you. But after watching, you’re probably just going to want to buy hair products.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve