Bridget Jones is coming back for a third installment with Renee Zellweger and Colin Firth returning. And it seems a new actor will be joining the seasoned stars of the series as Patrick Dempsey is in final negotiations to star in Bridget Jones’s Baby.
Variety confirms Dempsey will be joining the cast, in the actor’s first big role since leaving “Grey’s Anatomy.”
Plot details are under lock and key, it seems, but are rumored to be based on columns written by Helen Fieldling, the series creator, and co-screenwriter of the new film.
Hugh Grant, who played Daniel Cleaver in the 2001 original film and the 2004 follow-up, will not be returning. Production is set to begin in October.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022