Bridget Jones is coming back for a third installment with Renee Zellweger and Colin Firth returning. And it seems a new actor will be joining the seasoned stars of the series as Patrick Dempsey is in final negotiations to star in Bridget Jones’s Baby.
Variety confirms Dempsey will be joining the cast, in the actor’s first big role since leaving “Grey’s Anatomy.”
Plot details are under lock and key, it seems, but are rumored to be based on columns written by Helen Fieldling, the series creator, and co-screenwriter of the new film.
Hugh Grant, who played Daniel Cleaver in the 2001 original film and the 2004 follow-up, will not be returning. Production is set to begin in October.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up