Bridget Jones is coming back for a third installment with Renee Zellweger and Colin Firth returning. And it seems a new actor will be joining the seasoned stars of the series as Patrick Dempsey is in final negotiations to star in Bridget Jones’s Baby.
Variety confirms Dempsey will be joining the cast, in the actor’s first big role since leaving “Grey’s Anatomy.”
Plot details are under lock and key, it seems, but are rumored to be based on columns written by Helen Fieldling, the series creator, and co-screenwriter of the new film.
Hugh Grant, who played Daniel Cleaver in the 2001 original film and the 2004 follow-up, will not be returning. Production is set to begin in October.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving