A Florida man using a selfie stick to record himself driving caught the exact moment he rear-ended the truck in front of him, sending a canoe through his windshield,
Alex Lopatnyuk posted a YouTube video on Tuesday that shows him using a GoPro camera attached to a selfie stick to film himself from outside the window of his car as he drives down a dirt road.
In the video, Lopatnyuk turns his eyes from the road to the camera and misses the second when the truck ahead of him brakes. The resulting collision propels the canoe in the back of the truck through the jeep’s windshield.
“Gator Hunting with a GoPro for the first time, the selfie FAILED,” Lopatnyuk wrote in the video’s description. Although Lopatnyuk was unharmed, according to a report from UPI, his car is suffering from a new canoe-shaped hole in its windshield.
In a Facebook post, he stated “this is why you shouldn’t Text and Drive or try to take a selfie and drive, this is a PSA!”
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases