A Florida man using a selfie stick to record himself driving caught the exact moment he rear-ended the truck in front of him, sending a canoe through his windshield,
Alex Lopatnyuk posted a YouTube video on Tuesday that shows him using a GoPro camera attached to a selfie stick to film himself from outside the window of his car as he drives down a dirt road.
In the video, Lopatnyuk turns his eyes from the road to the camera and misses the second when the truck ahead of him brakes. The resulting collision propels the canoe in the back of the truck through the jeep’s windshield.
“Gator Hunting with a GoPro for the first time, the selfie FAILED,” Lopatnyuk wrote in the video’s description. Although Lopatnyuk was unharmed, according to a report from UPI, his car is suffering from a new canoe-shaped hole in its windshield.
In a Facebook post, he stated “this is why you shouldn’t Text and Drive or try to take a selfie and drive, this is a PSA!”
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve