A Florida man using a selfie stick to record himself driving caught the exact moment he rear-ended the truck in front of him, sending a canoe through his windshield,
Alex Lopatnyuk posted a YouTube video on Tuesday that shows him using a GoPro camera attached to a selfie stick to film himself from outside the window of his car as he drives down a dirt road.
In the video, Lopatnyuk turns his eyes from the road to the camera and misses the second when the truck ahead of him brakes. The resulting collision propels the canoe in the back of the truck through the jeep’s windshield.
“Gator Hunting with a GoPro for the first time, the selfie FAILED,” Lopatnyuk wrote in the video’s description. Although Lopatnyuk was unharmed, according to a report from UPI, his car is suffering from a new canoe-shaped hole in its windshield.
In a Facebook post, he stated “this is why you shouldn’t Text and Drive or try to take a selfie and drive, this is a PSA!”
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears