Today is Chipotle’s inaugural National Career Day, during which the company plans to hire 4,000 new workers.
Chipotle announced in a press release last month that it plans to hire 4,000 new employees in a single day. The company encouraged interested parties to register for an interview at their preferred location on its website, NationalCareerDay.com.
Interviews were held at every U.S. Chipotle location between 8 a.m. and 11 a.m. this morning.
No experience is required to apply or be hired. Instead, the press release lists 13 characteristics that the company is searching for in a candidate. It says employees should be “conscientious, respectful, hospitable, high energy, infectiously enthusiastic, happy, presentable, smart, polite, motivated, ambitious, curious and honest.”
Chipotle currently employs over 60,000 people and says it promoted over 10,000 employees into management roles over the last year.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow