Sandwich shop Quiznos has decided to combine two of 2014’s most talked-about shows, House of Cards and Game of Thrones into one oddly entertaining parody video. In the three-minute short, a man playing the conniving and eloquent Frank Underwood offers wry witticisms directly to the camera as he travels around the continent of Westeros, poisoning kings and throwing warriors into endless abysses. He even stops his evil plotting for a moment to make the requisite short joke about Tyrion Lannister.
At the end of the spoof Underwood holds up a bag of Quiznos to remind the audience exactly why this video was made. It’s featured on Quiznos-backed comedy website called Toasty.TV that the company uses to offer up branded entertainment, an increasingly popular form of advertising that is aimed at bringing viewers enjoyment rather than making a hard sell. Chipotle has also been experimenting with this type of content. The burrito chain has a comedy series on Hulu that is about the dangers of industrial farming rather than Chipotle itself.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now