Humans aren’t the only ones who are fascinated by smartphone technology.
A video of a zoo-goer entrancing a gorilla with pictures of other gorillas on his phone is going viral. When a young man showed his phone to Jelani, a Western Lowland Gorilla housed at the Louisville Zoo in Kentucky, the animal was mesmerized by pictures of his fellow primates.
The gorilla even sat down and settled in on the opposite side of the glass as the visitor continued to scroll through photos.
But while guests couldn’t take their eyes off the tech-savvy great ape, his captivation wasn’t necessarily a surprise to zookeepers.
“He is a laid-back individual and likes to look at cellphone photos and videos,” Jelani’s bio on the Louisville Zoo’s website reads.
Turns out gorillas like to spend their free time just like the rest of us:
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve