Humans aren’t the only ones who are fascinated by smartphone technology.
A video of a zoo-goer entrancing a gorilla with pictures of other gorillas on his phone is going viral. When a young man showed his phone to Jelani, a Western Lowland Gorilla housed at the Louisville Zoo in Kentucky, the animal was mesmerized by pictures of his fellow primates.
The gorilla even sat down and settled in on the opposite side of the glass as the visitor continued to scroll through photos.
But while guests couldn’t take their eyes off the tech-savvy great ape, his captivation wasn’t necessarily a surprise to zookeepers.
“He is a laid-back individual and likes to look at cellphone photos and videos,” Jelani’s bio on the Louisville Zoo’s website reads.
Turns out gorillas like to spend their free time just like the rest of us:
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time