1. Germany isn’t taking in refugees just to be nice. It desperately needs workers.
By Claire Groden in Fortune
2. The Army thinks it knows why soldier suicide rates are climbing. Is it enough to stop more deaths?
By Frank Konkel in Government Executive
3. Let’s actually teach our kids to talk about race.
By Kristin Pauker and Evan Apfelbaum in Quartz
4. Find out why doctors are prescribing legal aid for their patients.
By Jackie Judd at PBS Newshour
5. What if Electoral College votes were assigned dynamically on Election Day?
By Matt Hodges in Medium
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction