Emily Blunt, star of the upcoming movie Sicario, stopped by Jimmy Kimmel Live! Tuesday night, where she revealed that she recently became a U.S. citizen.
The British actress, who now has dual citizenship, shared lots of fun stories about the swearing-in ceremony. For example: Matthew McConaughey’s wife, Camila Alves, was also getting sworn in, so McConaughey showed up “looking like he was going on safari.”
Blunt also told Kimmel that she was required to renounce Queen Elizabeth II and, of course, take a written citizenship test.
“It is the hardest test I’ve ever had to take. I guarantee most Americans would have no idea how to answer any of these questions.”
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time