From politics to celebrities, the first episode of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert was jam-packed with the comedian’s hijinks. If you weren’t able to watch live, TIME has you covered. Here are some of the must-see clips from the show’s premiere.
In one segment Colbert showed off the new and improved Ed Sullivan Theater where he hosts the show. Among the new features are faux stain glass windows with Colbert’s face. (Colbert also had an amusing chat with competitor Jimmy Fallon).
He also got former Florida Governor and presidential candidate Jeb Bush to say something positive about President Barack Obama.
Bush also made light of his opponent billionaire Donald Trump.
Finally, Colbert went all-in with his own set of Donald Trump jokes.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating