Comedian Stephen Colbert joked with the CEO of CBS about canceling his show on Tuesday during the premiere of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert.
During the segment, CBS CEO Les Moonves sat in the front row of the studio audience with a large switch with a Late Show label on one side and the name of the show The Mentalist on the other. (Reruns of The Mentalist had run in the absence of The Late Show earlier this year).
“What is the big switch that says Mentalist on it?” Colbert asked.
“What this? It’s just a precaution,” Moonves responds before eventually flipping the switch and interrupting the show with a quick Mentalist clip.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This