It’s been eight years in the making, but the return of Matt Damon as Jason Bourne is finally here. Day 1 of filming wrapped on Bourne 5 and producer Frank Marshall was on the scene to snap the 44-year-old in his signature franchise role.
Damon looks to have not skimped on the workout regimen to prep for his first time back as Bourne since 2007. Also back in the fold is director Paul Greengrass, who helmed The Bourne Supremacy and The Bourne Ultimatum. Jeremy Renner stepped in to front the fourth film in the series, 2012’s The Bourne Legacy, with Tony Gilroy directing.
The currently untitled Bourne sequel is due in theaters in 2016.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was