Tom Brady, the New England Patriots quarterback, told Boston’s WEEI that he owns a cap from Donald Trump’s presidential campaign bearing the “Make America Great Again” slogan of the Republican’s presidential campaign.
“He sent it tome via R.K.K.,” Brady said on Tuesday, referring to Patriots owner Robert Kraft. “He always gives me a call and different types of motivational speeches at different times. So now that he’s running for president, he sent me a hat, and he gave it to R.K.K. a couple weeks ago. So it found its way to my locker.”
The unlikely friendship traces its roots to 2002, Brady said. “I mean it’s pretty amazing what he’s been able to accomplish,” the football star said. “He obviously appeals to a lot of people, and he’s a hell of a lot of fun to play golf with.”
Trump expressed his support of Brady after a judge overturned the starting quarterback’s four-game Deflategate suspension.
The Patriots’ first game of the season is against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Thursday.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time