On Tuesday, The TODAY Show aired a clip of President Barack Obama snacking on salmon that had been half-eaten by a bear and cooked up by “survival expert” Bear Grylls during the commander-in-chief’s three day visit to Alaska for an upcoming episode of NBC’s Running Wild With Bear Grylls (airing this fall).
The President — who is known for declaring “the bear is loose” whenever he leaves the White House to do something ordinary Americans do — made it very clear that he was not used to roughing it, calling Grylls a “mediocre cook” and adding, “It would have been nice if we had a cracker to go with it.”
Watch the full clip below:
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time