British vocalist Sam Smith has confirmed that he is singing the theme for the latest Bond film, Spectre.
“This is one of the highlights of my career,” the artist wrote on Twitter on Tuesday. “I am honoured to finally announce that I will be singing the next Bond theme song.”
The track, “Writing’s on the Wall,” is available for CD and vinyl preorder now, or on iTunes at midnight. Its official release date is Sept. 25, according to the BBC.
It was “the quickest song I have ever written,” Smith said during an interview on the BBC Radio 1 Breakfast Show With Nick Grimshaw on Tuesday. “We did it in like 20 minutes.”
On Monday, Smith hinted that he was behind the new theme, posting a black-and-white image of a hand wearing a ring stamped with criminal organization Spectre’s octopus symbol.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was