British vocalist Sam Smith has confirmed that he is singing the theme for the latest Bond film, Spectre.
“This is one of the highlights of my career,” the artist wrote on Twitter on Tuesday. “I am honoured to finally announce that I will be singing the next Bond theme song.”
The track, “Writing’s on the Wall,” is available for CD and vinyl preorder now, or on iTunes at midnight. Its official release date is Sept. 25, according to the BBC.
It was “the quickest song I have ever written,” Smith said during an interview on the BBC Radio 1 Breakfast Show With Nick Grimshaw on Tuesday. “We did it in like 20 minutes.”
On Monday, Smith hinted that he was behind the new theme, posting a black-and-white image of a hand wearing a ring stamped with criminal organization Spectre’s octopus symbol.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.