Detroit rapper Dex Osama died after a shooting early Monday morning outside a gentlemen’s club on Detroit’s south side, the Independent and other news organizations are reporting, although police have yet to confirm the deceased’s identity.
The shooting broke out after a fight between two groups of men around 2 a.m. at the Crazy Horse strip club. When security intervened, the men were pushed outside, where witnesses reported hearing gunshots.
Osama, 26, reportedly ran to a gas station to call for help after being shot once in the chest and once in the stomach. He collapsed and was pronounced dead at hospital, the Independent says.
A spokeswoman for Detroit police confirmed that a 26-year-old male was shot to death outside the club, the Detroit Free Press reported.
Osama, who rapped about crime and street life, had recently been co-signed by DeJ Loaf and Meek Mill, who posted an Instagram mourning his protégé.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time