Detroit rapper Dex Osama died after a shooting early Monday morning outside a gentlemen’s club on Detroit’s south side, the Independent and other news organizations are reporting, although police have yet to confirm the deceased’s identity.
The shooting broke out after a fight between two groups of men around 2 a.m. at the Crazy Horse strip club. When security intervened, the men were pushed outside, where witnesses reported hearing gunshots.
Osama, 26, reportedly ran to a gas station to call for help after being shot once in the chest and once in the stomach. He collapsed and was pronounced dead at hospital, the Independent says.
A spokeswoman for Detroit police confirmed that a 26-year-old male was shot to death outside the club, the Detroit Free Press reported.
Osama, who rapped about crime and street life, had recently been co-signed by DeJ Loaf and Meek Mill, who posted an Instagram mourning his protégé.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating