A new clue appeared in the mystery of who will record the theme song for the latest James Bond film, Spectre.
British singer Sam Smith posted a black-and-white image of a hand wearing a ring stamped with criminal organization Spectre’s octopus symbol on social media Monday, Billboard reported.
Sam Smith dropped the hint on Instagram and Twitter without any caption or explanation to confirm the rumor. But fans won’t have to wait long for confirmation. The film’s director, Sam Mendes said the theme song has already been recorded and sounds fantastic, according to Billboard.
While Sam Smith is the bookie’s favorite, other potential artists include Ed Sheeran, Ellie Goulding, Adele, Lana Del Rey, Lorde and Noel Gallagher.
It will be Adele’s second Bond theme song if she is behind the track for Spectre. She won both an Oscar and a Golden Globe in 2012 for the song she recorded for the last film in the series, Skyfall.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time