Freddie Stroma, the devastatingly handsome bachelor from Lifetime’s breakout summer drama UnREAL, has been added to the Game of Thrones cast as Samwell Tarly’s brother—yes, really.
Stroma will play Dickon Tarly, Sam’s more physically imposing brother, and thus more beloved by their father, Lord Randyll Tarly. Lord Tarly forced Sam to choose between death and joining the Night’s Watch so that Dickon could become heir.
George R.R. Martin, author of the Song of Ice and Fire series upon which Game of Thrones is based, has not revealed much about Dickon, but if he is anything like his father, he’s likely merciless. Stroma has some experience portraying a manipulative character. On UnREAL, he plays Adam Cromwell, a Brit with a tarnished reputation who is trying to rehabilitate his image by taking on a Bachelor-like role on a reality dating show. Though he may just look like a handsome face, Cromwell often schemes with the producers and manipulates his female suitors in order to get ahead.
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive