This week’s Entertainment Weekly cover story delves into the world of showrunner Shonda Rhimes and her leading ladies—Ellen Pompeo on Grey’s Anatomy, Viola Davis on How to Get Away With Murder and Kerry Washington on Scandal. The actors gush about working with Rhimes, and why she’s a better boss than her male counterparts.
“I was talking to an actress who’s pregnant and really worried about telling her bosses, and I said, ‘Yeah, when I told my boss I was pregnant, she literally jumped up and down in my trailer,’” Kerry Washington told Entertainment Weekly. “I don’t know if there’s a male showrunner who would do that.”
Rhimes is one of the few female showrunners in the television business and by far the most successful. Her Thursday night block of ABC dramas regularly draw 10 million viewers or more.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time