Netflix just renewed its original drama series “Narcos” for a second season.
The Twitter announcement comes within days of the 10-episode first season’s release on Aug. 28. The show dramatizes the history of cocaine kingpin Pablo Escobar in Colombia and law enforcement’s fight against drug cartels in 1980s.
“Narcos” stars include Wagner Moura as Escobar and Game of Throne‘s Pedro Pascal as DEA agent Javier Peña. Adam Fierro, who produced The Shield, will take over as showrunner for the second season.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy