As if we didn’t know that modern romance was already dead. Now there’s a dystopian society that gives single people 45 days to find love or risk being turned into animals. Well, a fictional one.
In the trailer for The Lobster, you’ll see Colin Farrell introduce his brother, a dog, as someone who “didn’t make it.” He attempts to woo many a woman until finding Rachel Weisz’s character.
Farrell, in what could be a nod to other lovers in pop culture, would choose to be a lobster if he ends up alone.
The film will premiere in the U.K. on Oct. 16 but does not have a U.S. release date yet.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears