Cookie Monster gets seriously greedy in the latest Sesame Street video, which spoofs rom-com classic When Harry Met Sally.
The dessert-loving Muppet takes on the Billy Crystal role, playing an impatient type who doesn’t want to wait in line at the fictional version of New York’s famous Katz’s Delicatessen. (You know, the place where that scene takes place.) The Sesame Street version of Sally tries to get him to chill out by distracting him with games like “I Spy” and “Patty Cake,” but he struggles with learning to wait his turn. And while Cookie’s wardrobe consists mainly of a hat, Sally greatly resembles Meg Ryan, who played the role in the 1989 Nora Ephron film, with perfect eighties-era hair and blue eyeshadow.
Once the two finally get to order and eat their meals, they devour — what else? — cookies, to which another customer responds with the perfect punchline: “I’ll have what they’re having.”
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time