As part of a three-day trip to Alaska to promote climate change initiatives, President Obama visited Dillingham Middle School Wednesday and performed with youngsters who were doing a Yup’ik dance in traditional headdresses decorated with jewels and fur.
“I’ve been practicing,” he told the crowd.
Also during his time in the fishing village, he gamely sampled salmon jerky — calling it “really good” — and laughed when a salmon spawned on his shoes, prompting him to joke that the fish was “happy to see me.”
The other part of his trip that created a buzz on Twitter was the video he filmed with a selfie stick at Kenai Fjords National Park on Tuesday:
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer