As part of a three-day trip to Alaska to promote climate change initiatives, President Obama visited Dillingham Middle School Wednesday and performed with youngsters who were doing a Yup’ik dance in traditional headdresses decorated with jewels and fur.
“I’ve been practicing,” he told the crowd.
Also during his time in the fishing village, he gamely sampled salmon jerky — calling it “really good” — and laughed when a salmon spawned on his shoes, prompting him to joke that the fish was “happy to see me.”
The other part of his trip that created a buzz on Twitter was the video he filmed with a selfie stick at Kenai Fjords National Park on Tuesday:
- Why House Democrats Refused to Save McCarthy
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Self-Silencing Is Making Women Sick: Essay
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time