An authorized biopic of Hollywood and television star Lucille Ball’s life is in the works, according to TheWrap.
The movie boasts hefty star power, with actress Cate Blanchett portraying the “I Love Lucy” actress. Aaron Sorkin will be penning the script. Ball’s real-life children, Lucie and Desi Jr., will produce the film.
The film will follow Ball’s early days as an actress on “I Love Lucy” and her 20-year marriage to co-star Desi Arnaz, along with their eventual divorce in 1960.
Sony-based Escape Artists will produce the film, though it’s not clear when it will be released.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time