An authorized biopic of Hollywood and television star Lucille Ball’s life is in the works, according to TheWrap.
The movie boasts hefty star power, with actress Cate Blanchett portraying the “I Love Lucy” actress. Aaron Sorkin will be penning the script. Ball’s real-life children, Lucie and Desi Jr., will produce the film.
The film will follow Ball’s early days as an actress on “I Love Lucy” and her 20-year marriage to co-star Desi Arnaz, along with their eventual divorce in 1960.
Sony-based Escape Artists will produce the film, though it’s not clear when it will be released.
- Inside the Death of a Rural Daycare
- Exclusive: Inside Ukraine’s Secret Effort to Train Pilots for U.S. Fighter Jets
- TIME’s First Interview in the Metaverse: How a Filmmaker Made a Movie and Fell in Love in VR
- How The Inflation Reduction Act Will Spur a New Climate Tech Ecosystem
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- Social Media Companies Like TikTok Hope to Fight Election Misinformation. Experts Say Their Plans Aren’t Enough
- How I Got My Students to Stop Staring at Screens
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma