An authorized biopic of Hollywood and television star Lucille Ball’s life is in the works, according to TheWrap.
The movie boasts hefty star power, with actress Cate Blanchett portraying the “I Love Lucy” actress. Aaron Sorkin will be penning the script. Ball’s real-life children, Lucie and Desi Jr., will produce the film.
The film will follow Ball’s early days as an actress on “I Love Lucy” and her 20-year marriage to co-star Desi Arnaz, along with their eventual divorce in 1960.
Sony-based Escape Artists will produce the film, though it’s not clear when it will be released.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate