So, Ja Rule started some beef on Wednesday. With Wikipedia. He took to Twitter to vent about the online encyclopedia, which he claims is horribly inaccurate and irresponsible with its reporting, specifically when it comes to his height:
As the New York Daily News points out, Ja may not fully understand how Wikipedia — a free, collaborative, user-generated encyclopedia — really works. Fans let him know he could edit the page himself. Still, he demanded that Wikipedia itself step in:
Full disclosure: I met Ja Rule last year for an interview about his memoir. I remember a few things about Ja. I remember him being very friendly and receptive to my questions, I remember him being muscular and I remember him being short. I am 5’7″ and if I recall correctly — please, Ja, don’t be mad at me here — he was a smidge shorter than me. That would mean Wikipedia is correct: Ja Rule is 5’6″.
What’s tripping me up here, though, is a mug shot that indicates Ja is 69 inches — or, like he claims, 5’9″. Racked points out that this mug shot could come from anywhere and could be Photoshopped — and appears different from other Ja Rule mug shots — so it might not be trustworthy.
So what’s going on here? Is that mug shot unreliable? Am I misremembering the time I hung out with Ja Rule? Or am I simply mistaken about my own height?
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears