A press conference at the Mystic Aquarium Wednesday turned into a whale watching session when a beluga whale photobombed Connecticut Governor Dannel P. Malloy.
While the Democrat was talking about the growth of the tourism industry in the state, the nearly 12-foot-long, 1,320 pound marine mammal stole the spotlight, pressing its face against the glass and hovering behind the politician, WFSB reports.
Images taken by the press conference attendees:
NBC Connecticut points out that it is not the first time Juno has gone viral for interacting with visitors, between that time in 2012 when he made visitors laugh by looking over an artist’s shoulder as he drew in a sketchbook, and that time in 2011 when he was serenaded by a mariachi band — a clip that has racked up more than 4.3 million views on YouTube to date.
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk