A press conference at the Mystic Aquarium Wednesday turned into a whale watching session when a beluga whale photobombed Connecticut Governor Dannel P. Malloy.
While the Democrat was talking about the growth of the tourism industry in the state, the nearly 12-foot-long, 1,320 pound marine mammal stole the spotlight, pressing its face against the glass and hovering behind the politician, WFSB reports.
Images taken by the press conference attendees:
NBC Connecticut points out that it is not the first time Juno has gone viral for interacting with visitors, between that time in 2012 when he made visitors laugh by looking over an artist’s shoulder as he drew in a sketchbook, and that time in 2011 when he was serenaded by a mariachi band — a clip that has racked up more than 4.3 million views on YouTube to date.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was