A former NASA engineer has a party trick that is out of this world.
In this clip, Mark Rober, who used to work at the agency’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, demonstrates how to skin a watermelon and put the fruit back in its rind. Two watermelons are needed. He scraps the rind off of the first watermelon with a knife and skins it with a Scotch-Brite pad. Then he cuts the second watermelon in half and guts it so he can fit the skinned watermelon inside the two green halves. If all of that seems like too much work, then maybe his tutorial on how to make a watermelon smoothie by just carving a hole in the watermelon will be easier for you to pull off.
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time