President Obama posted a tongue-in-cheek photo on Instagram while hiking the great outdoors with Bear Grylls, host of NBC’s Running Wild with Bear Grylls.
“Glad this was the only Bear I met in the park. -bo,” he captioned the picture Wednesday morning on the White House Instagram account, grinning ear-to-ear in a zip up jacket.
The special edition of Grylls’ Running Wild will air later this year, according to NBC.
“This is a show on which celebrities eat mice and squirrel and drink bodily fluids. In this one, the President teaches us how to survive alone in the wilderness, surrounded by 14 Secret Service agents disguised as trees. Bear Grylls and President Obama will trek through the forest together. Eating roots and berries – which is basically what his wife already makes him eat.”
Kimmel goes on to say: “A lot of people are upset that our President is appearing on a reality show. To which I say – big deal! A little over a year from now, we might have a President who hosted a reality show.”
Others have jumped in with suggestions for what Obama should do on the show. Someone put up a petition on the White House’s petition site, demanding the President drink his own urine “for science.”
Despite the petition, Grylls Tweets that he doesn’t foresee that happening.
- Amanda Gorman on the Greatest Lesson She’s Learned This Year
- What Actually Worries U.S. Doctors About Omicron
- Reuniting Families Separated Under Trump Is Expensive. Should the U.S. Government Pay?
- The 10 Best Movies of 2021
- America's Foster Care System Is a Dangerous Place for Trans Teens. Now They're Fighting for Change
- Stressed About Going Back to the Office? Here Are 8 Ways to Make It Easier
- What to Know About Digital World, the Company Funding Trump's New Social Media Platform 'TRUTH Social'