Three weeks ago Anthony Sadler was just an American tourist on a European vacation. Now, he’s an American hero chatting with Jimmy Fallon on the Tonight Show.
“I look back and there’s the gunman just coming in the train cocking an AK,” Sadler told Fallon during his show on Tuesday. “And I was like is this real is someone playing a joke?”
Sadler, along with two American friends also traveling on vacation, charged and subdued the terrorist, saving dozens of lives and earning international praise.
But Fallon couldn’t allow Sadler’s appearance with landing a few cracks. In addition to discussing Sadler’s heroic actions, Fallon devoted much of the segment to joking about the trio’s time in Amsterdam, where their train originated. The Netherlands capital is known for it’s loose laws allowing drugs and partying.
“You’re in Amsterdam because it’s so pretty there?” said Fallon before cracking up laughing. “You’re taking photographs, you’re taking in the art scene there. Of course, that’s what people do in Amsterdam!”
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space