Newfound best friends (and noted Billy Joel fans) Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Schumer recently announced that they are working on a screenplay together. Better yet, it’s a comedy — and the two want to play sisters. Nothing else has been announced about the project, but at least one actress is already is angling for a role: The Divine Miss M herself.
Bette Midler nominated herself for a part in Lawrence and Schumer’s movie on Twitter, writing: “Hmm, who could play their mother? She’d have to be DIVINE!”
Lawrence can count Midler as one of her biggest fans: She defended Lawrence for her First Wives Club “I beat Meryl” joke at the Golden Globes, and she’s repeatedly praised the actress’s charms on Twitter.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror