Kermit the Frog denied rumors of his “new girlfriend” in statement posted Tuesday to Twitter, just weeks after breaking up with longtime lover Miss Piggy and reportedly becoming close with a new pig named Denise.
“While I prefer to keep my personal life private, this is Hollywood, so who am I kidding?” Kermit said. “It is true that I am dating again. However, at this time no one woman — pig or otherwise — is my official ‘new girlfriend.’ We are simply close friends.”
The Muppets’ romantic drama arrives ahead of the premiere of a rebooted The Muppets sitcom. The docu-series, which explores the Muppets’ personal lives and relationships, premieres on ABC on Sept. 22.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science