Kermit the Frog denied rumors of his “new girlfriend” in statement posted Tuesday to Twitter, just weeks after breaking up with longtime lover Miss Piggy and reportedly becoming close with a new pig named Denise.
“While I prefer to keep my personal life private, this is Hollywood, so who am I kidding?” Kermit said. “It is true that I am dating again. However, at this time no one woman — pig or otherwise — is my official ‘new girlfriend.’ We are simply close friends.”
The Muppets’ romantic drama arrives ahead of the premiere of a rebooted The Muppets sitcom. The docu-series, which explores the Muppets’ personal lives and relationships, premieres on ABC on Sept. 22.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com