Ronda Rousey has accepted a viral Facebook invitation to attend the Marine Corps Ball with a man who called the UFC Champion a “phenomenal person” and his “celebrity crush.”
The star fighter told TMZ on Tuesday that she “would go for sure” to the December prom with U.S. Marine Jarrod Haschert, who had invited Rousey last week in a Facebook video that has amassed over 4 million views. Rousey had previously been unable to attend due to her preparations for a January fight, she said, but the upcoming fight has since been moved up to November.
“He’s cute. He’s gotta be a gentleman, though, I’m not a first date kind of girl,” Rousey said. “But, I dunno, we’ll see when I meet him.”
The only issue? Neither of them seem to know how to directly get in contact with each other, especially Rousey. “Do I call him? Or do I set up a time and place like Never Been Kissed and wait until the clock runs out and be like, ‘I’m here!’”
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List
- Despite World Cup Heartbreak, the Future Looks Bright for Men's Soccer in the U.S.