Correction appended, Sept. 2
Irish singer and songwriter Hozier performs a much more upbeat version of the ballad “Lay Me Down” by the English singer and songwriter Sam Smith in the BBC Radio 1’s Live Lounge. It works so well that it would make any fan wonder if the two stars would do a song together anytime soon. In a November 2014 interview with Mix 104.1, Hozier (whose real name is Andrew Hozier-Byrne) told the radio station, “It has crossed my mind, and nothing is definite . . . but there’s been very brief discussion about it.” And of course, Smith couldn’t help but tweet his appreciation, with the Irish musician returning the favor:
Correction: The original version of this story misstated Hozier’s nationality. He is from Ireland.
- Amanda Gorman on the Greatest Lesson She’s Learned This Year
- What Actually Worries U.S. Doctors About Omicron
- Reuniting Families Separated Under Trump Is Expensive. Should the U.S. Government Pay?
- The 10 Best Movies of 2021
- America's Foster Care System Is a Dangerous Place for Trans Teens. Now They're Fighting for Change
- Stressed About Going Back to the Office? Here Are 8 Ways to Make It Easier
- What to Know About Digital World, the Company Funding Trump's New Social Media Platform 'TRUTH Social'