Correction appended, Sept. 2
Irish singer and songwriter Hozier performs a much more upbeat version of the ballad “Lay Me Down” by the English singer and songwriter Sam Smith in the BBC Radio 1’s Live Lounge. It works so well that it would make any fan wonder if the two stars would do a song together anytime soon. In a November 2014 interview with Mix 104.1, Hozier (whose real name is Andrew Hozier-Byrne) told the radio station, “It has crossed my mind, and nothing is definite . . . but there’s been very brief discussion about it.” And of course, Smith couldn’t help but tweet his appreciation, with the Irish musician returning the favor:
Correction: The original version of this story misstated Hozier’s nationality. He is from Ireland.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time