A Houston man was shot and killed on Tuesday while taking selfies with a gun, authorities said.
The Houston Police Department said the victim and his cousin were playing with the gun when it fired and fatally struck the man, whom investigators did not identify immediately, but said was between ages 18 and 19, reports KPRC 2 News.
Investigators said the incident appeared to be accidental.
The incident is not the first time a selfie with a firearm turned tragic. In May, CNET reported on a recent spate of accidental selfie shootings. The site also referenced a Singaporean tourist who fell off a cliff while taking a selfie.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World