A Houston man was shot and killed on Tuesday while taking selfies with a gun, authorities said.
The Houston Police Department said the victim and his cousin were playing with the gun when it fired and fatally struck the man, whom investigators did not identify immediately, but said was between ages 18 and 19, reports KPRC 2 News.
Investigators said the incident appeared to be accidental.
The incident is not the first time a selfie with a firearm turned tragic. In May, CNET reported on a recent spate of accidental selfie shootings. The site also referenced a Singaporean tourist who fell off a cliff while taking a selfie.
- Column: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive