J.K. Rowling sure knows how to ignite her fan base, which exploded in nostalgia when the author Tweeted on Tuesday that Harry Potter’s oldest son was headed to his first day at Hogwarts.
The Twitterverse took to posting about heading back to the wizarding school themselves. After all, as Rowling once said, “whether you come back by page or by the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.” See how fans (and brands) reacted to the big day.
The fan who learned a thing or two from Ron
The fan who always believes
The fan with proof the Hogwarts Express exists
The fan whose family might be like the Dursleys
The fan who seems to think Ginny Weasley’s hair has turned grey already
The fan with a great sense of humor about You Know Who
The fan craving some pumpkin juice
The fan who just can’t deal
The fan who has her quill and parchment at the ready
The fan who wants more than 140 characters
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart