There are ways to make a narcissist easier to deal with.
Emphasize community when you talk to them. When they feel there’s a strong group behind something, they’re more likely to behave:
(To learn how to get people to like you — from an FBI behavior expert — click here.)
When they do something wrong, use disappointment as a weapon to keep them in line. It works better than anger:
(To learn how to make difficult conversations easy, click here.)
Maybe you think you don’t deal with too many narcissists. There’s research that shows the leader of a group is more likely to be on the narcissistic end of the spectrum:
(To learn how to win every argument, click here.)
This piece originally appeared on Barking Up the Wrong Tree.
Join over 205,000 readers. Get a free weekly update via email here.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer