There are ways to make a narcissist easier to deal with.
Emphasize community when you talk to them. When they feel there’s a strong group behind something, they’re more likely to behave:
(To learn how to get people to like you — from an FBI behavior expert — click here.)
When they do something wrong, use disappointment as a weapon to keep them in line. It works better than anger:
(To learn how to make difficult conversations easy, click here.)
Maybe you think you don’t deal with too many narcissists. There’s research that shows the leader of a group is more likely to be on the narcissistic end of the spectrum:
(To learn how to win every argument, click here.)
This piece originally appeared on Barking Up the Wrong Tree.
Join over 205,000 readers. Get a free weekly update via email here.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow