On Jimmy Kimmel Live Monday night, the late-night host used emojis to recap the moment at the 2015 MTV Video Music Awards Sunday night when Nicki Minaj called out host Miley Cyrus, referring to a recent New York Times interview in which Cyrus described Minaj as “not too kind” and “not very polite.” Kimmel also managed to perfectly sum up the long-winded speech that rapper Kanye West gave when he accepted the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award in just two emojis.
In July, Kimmel used emojis to explain the feud between Minaj and Taylor Swift that was sparked when Minaj tweeted that her video “Anaconda” did not receive enough VMA nominations because pop stars with “slim bodies” are favored — a statement that Swift took personally. But the two “buried” their “bad blood” when they performed “The Night Is Still Young” and “Bad Blood” on stage at the awards ceremony Sunday.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy