Sir Ian McKellen wants everyone to know that he’s not part of Taylor Swift’s squad.
In an interview with Gay Star News, the actor was asked how it felt to be in the pop star’s famous posse of friends. (Fellow actor Patrick Stewart recently said that he and McKellen were part of the squad; they were asked to appear on Swift’s 1989 tour.)
“I’m not,” McKellen responded. “When I was living in Peter Jackson’s apartment in New York, Taylor Swift bought it while I was there and I was thrown out before I wanted to leave! That hardly puts me in Taylor Swift’s team, does it?”
According to the interview transcript, McKellen then laughed and explained, “She bought it, she had every right to – I was just lodging there for free!”
And as for turning down the offer of appearing on stage with her: “She did ask me to appear with Patrick Stewart at her show in LA, but I had something else to do that night.”
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time