A viral video that purportedly showed a pregnant woman pleading with social media users to help find the father of her unborn child was revealed to be a marketing stunt late Tuesday.
The video, posted to YouTube on Sunday, depicted a woman who identified herself as “Natalie Amyot” saying she met an Australian man on the last night of a vacation, lost his number and later discovered she was pregnant.
But a new video posted on the same YouTube account Tuesday night revealed that the original video was a marketing stunt by a social media company and acknowledged, “there’s gonna be a lot of you that are upset by this.”
This article has been revised to reflect that the video was a marketing stunt.
- The Biggest Moments From the Second Republican Debate
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time