A 23-year-old man from Chicago, reportedly sent nude pictures of himself to the human-resources manager of a company that had just hired him.
Police said the manager informed them of the incident on Aug. 14, one day after the man had sent her two naked selfies over three days, the Chicago Tribune reported.
Elmhurst police chief Michael Ruth said the company had made the 23-year-old man a “conditional offer of employment” earlier in the month. “He texted the HR director and sent a nude photo of himself,” Ruth added.
According to the police report, the man admitted to sending the photographs but said they were meant for someone else. The company did not respond to calls for comment from the Tribune.
“My understanding is they’ve rescinded the offer of employment,” Ruth said.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science