McDonald’s is going to make McMuffins with real butter.
Instead of using liquid margarine, CNBC reports that McDonald’s is changing how it makes its biscuits, English muffins and bagels and is transitioning to using the real stuff.
Some stores are already advertising the change.
According to CNBC, one sign at a Manhattan McDonald’s location said: “We’re proud to cook breakfast items on the grill with real butter and we toast our English Muffins, biscuits and bagels with real butter too.”
McDonald’s has not responded to requests for confirmation or comment.
It was unclear how long the chain has been using real butter on its breakfast items.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org