Ten days before the NFL begins its season, the trailer for Will Smith’s next movie, Concussion, has hit the Internet. Smith plays Dr. Bennet Omalu, the person who discovered Chronic Traumatic Encephelopathy, or CTE, the neuro-degenerative disease caused by repeated head trauma, in the brains of two professional football players.
Omalu faced roadblocks from the NFL as he tried to reveal the damage the game could do to its players. Alec Baldwin stars alongside Smith as a doctor helping Omalu to bring his research to light.
The film is based on a 2009 article that ran in GQ called “Game Brain.”
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time