Jay Z appeared to join — and quit — Instagram over the weekend, posting a tribute to the late Michael Jackson and briefly surprising fans accustomed to the rapper’s typically quiet online presence.
“Happy birthday to the King!” the record label owner captioned a split photo showing the legendary pop star and him that was posted on Saturday. “This may be my first and last post.” Music exec Michael Kyser, a friend of Jay Z, also encouraged his Instagram followers to follow the rapper in a photo showing him posting his first Instagram post:
But Jay Z’s Instagram experiment appeared to last for only a brief 14 hours. The the account, Hovsince96, was deactivated on Sunday morning. For now, it seems, the only option to catch a glimpse into his private life may be the Instagram account of his wife, Beyoncé.
Read next: Jay Z on the 2013 TIME 100
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World