Ronda Rousey is an undefeated mixed martial artist, actress, model and now, apparently, a Carl’s Jr. spokesperson. The burger chain just released an ad which features Rousey chowing down on its latest menu item: the Cinnamon Swirl French Toast Breakfast Sandwich. (Carl’s Jr., it should be noted, has long been criticized for sexist advertisements.)
Somehow, Rousey makes this sandwich — which features sausage, egg, cheese and syrup wedged between two slices of French toast — look kind of healthy. The ad alternates between footage of Rousey chowing down on the sandwich and footage of her pummeling opponents in the ring.
Clearly, this is a ploy to make us think the sandwich is packed with nutrients that could give us Ronda Rousey levels of energy, strength and power. And clearly, this ploy totally works.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- The Threat to Louisiana's Drinking Water
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time