1. Your passwords — and everybody else’s — won’t stand a chance against a hacker with a quantum computer.
By Dan Goodin in Ars Technica
2. Is China the new Spanish Empire?
By Jacob Soll in Politico Europe
3. The earned income tax credit keeps millions out of poverty. Leave it alone.
By the Editors of Bloomberg View
4. NASA wants to stop hitching rides to space with Russia.
By Maj. Gen. Charles Bolden in Wired
5. Google has a secret interview process — and it starts with your Google searches.
By Max Rosett in the Hustle
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- How Drag Culture Inspired Ursula
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction